The Nebraska Coalition enhances safety and justice through promoting prevention efforts, public policy advocacy, training, and capacity building support to those serving survivors.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 provides Safety Planning brochures for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, helping them to prepare for their future.
- $10 allows for the printing of educational materials for survivors, sharing information about services in Nebraska.
- $25 helps to create training packets for advocates attending educational sessions regarding how to provide empowering services for survivors.
- $50 supports the cost of the prison advocacy hotline for incarcerated survivors to reach out to an Advocate.
- $75 provides a primary prevention curriculum to a member domestic violence/sexual assault program to promote healthy relationships in their community.
- $100 helps to provide legal services to survivors who would not otherwise be able to obtain legal representation.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
The Nebraska Coalition coordinates the Mediums for Change Youth Expression Project to support the voices of youth from the ages of 13 to 18 years old in Nebraska. We engage young people to create a brave space for them to share their lived experiences through art, digital media, poetry, and prose. Following five themes, young folks express themselves and illustrate transformative social change. Their entries are published in a keepsake book. This project acts as a spring board that allows us to work directly with young people to find avenues where they can identify issues of concern to themselves and their communities, analyze the root cause of those problems, envision the world that they want to live in, identify pathways toward that vision, conduct education and outreach to build support for their cause, and act to influence policy and system change for transformative culture shifts. Through this project, youth increase their confidence in addressing the identified issues, and ultimately become more engaged in youth activism. The Nebraska Coalition believes that the youth are the future of our anti-violence movement, and will create positive change in our world.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6050
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708AX
245 South 84th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, NE 68510