Championing the arts, connecting people, changing lives through programs and events that engage, empower, and change lives regardless of economic status, age or life situation.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $25 provides materials and teaching artist cost for one student in a 4-week upstArt summer series program.
- $50 provides materials and teaching artist cost for one student in a 10-week upstArt workshop.
- $100 provides 2 ½ hours of teaching artist’s time in residency at a Title 1 school in Lincoln.
- $250 provides 5 hours of teaching artist’s time in residency at social service organization in Lincoln.
- $500 provides professional development scholarship for one new visual artist to show at the Lincoln Arts Festival.
- $1,000 funds one project grant for arts outreach to an underserved audience.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Have you ever felt so inhibited that you were afraid to apply more than one color to a paper page? John did. He had received so much criticism in his young life that he was paralyzed. When he first arrived at the Lancaster County residential detention center, the staff thought he was mute. Terese was a perfectionist. When she was presented with materials to sketch or paint, she had to have a straight edge to make shapes. She would become agitated if the lines and angles didn’t look “just right.” Now imagine the transformation for John, who is rising to greet the resident artist, looking her in the eye and engaging in positive conversation. Visualize the freedom for Terese when she finally “let go,” and just began looping large free-hand circles on her paper. “Look at me! I’m drawing!” It may be difficult to imagine a life without the simplest of art materials. Harder still to comprehend an environment devoid of positive reinforcement or the opportunity to experiment and create. Just know this – for some people, experiencing the arts genuinely changes their life. This is the work we get excited about. This is the work you support with a donation to the Lincoln Arts Council.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6290
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708AB
211 North 14th St
Lincoln, NE 68508