As a statewide non-profit, Humanities Nebraska inspires and enriches personal and public life by delivering opportunities to engage thoughtfully with history and culture.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $10 purchases a book such as "The Upside Down Boy" (El nino de cabeza) for a family participating in bilingual Prime Time Family Reading Time.
- $25 provides a curriculum packet for a teacher participating in Capitol Forum on America’s Future.
- $50 provides a speaker for a school.
- $125 provides an honorarium for a scholar in the Speakers Bureau to give a program at a library or cultural center. $250 allows four high school students to participate in Capitol Forum on America’s Future at the State Capitol.
- $875 funds a storyteller for a six-week Prime Time session.
- $1,000 covers the cost of a workshop leader for Nebraska Warrior Writers, a writing workshop for veterans.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Julia learned to explore different perspectives on global policies at Capitol Forum on America's Future. She is now a senator representing her home district at the Nebraska Unicameral.
Joaquin didn't like school and never read on his own. Now that he attends Prime Time Family Reading Time, he is interested in books, his grades have improved, and his mother has confidence he will graduate from high school.
Valerie found that hosting a Museum on Main Street exhibit from the Smithsonian increased the total number of visitors to the museum she manages by 20%, including a boost in out-of-town visitors who ate and shopped locally, giving her community a measurable economic boost.
Tameka found the courage to speak her mind and make an impact when a published poet mentored her school's Louder Than a Bomb slam poetry team.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6160
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708X
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 330
Lincoln, NE 68508