Humanities Nebraska inspires and enriches personal and public life through opportunities to engage thoughtfully with history, culture, literature, and each other.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 per month helps provide gift books for families during Prime Time Family Reading Time. ($60)
- $10 per month sends a high school student to Capitol Forum Day at the State Capitol. ($120)
- $20 per month brings a Speakers Bureau program to a school or library. ($240)
- $50 per month supports a travelling Smithsonian exhibition as it tours smaller Nebraska communities. ($600)
- $100 per month provides professional instructors at therapeutic writing workshops for veterans and active duty military. ($1200)
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Sebastian was performing poorly in first grade until his teacher suggested his parents bring him to Prime Time Family Reading Time. Now he enjoys reading books with his parents and younger siblings, and he is in an advanced reading group.
By working with other veterans on writing essays, poems and stories, two participants in the Nebraska Warrior Writers workshops realized they had undiagnosed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. They have sought help from the Veteran's Administration and are now on the road to better mental health.
As their children reached voting age, Todd and Sarah wanted to equip them with the skills to sift through "fake news" so they could make choices based on fact. So, they brought them to a Democracy & Journalism community conversation, where the whole family grew in their understanding.
Julia learned to explore different perspectives on global policies at Capitol Forum on America's Future. She is now a senator representing her home district in the Nebraska Unicameral.
Margaret is the sole librarian in her small Nebraska community, but by using the Humanities Nebraska Speakers Bureau, she can stretch her budget and provide engaging programming for people of all ages.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6160
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska:
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 330
Lincoln, NE 68508