Crane River Theater serves Kearney and surrounding areas as a professional theater company providing a home for the presentation, education, and promotion of the arts.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 per week assists with supplies for our summer educational programs. ($260)
- $10 per week assists with production elements for our summer productions. ($520)
- $25 assists with the registration fee for a child to take part in our Explore Theater classes for youth.
- $50 assists with travel expenses for our Page to Stage Library outreach program that travels throughout Nebraska.
- $75 assists with the registration fee for a high school student to take part in our Backstage Workshop.
- $250 sponsors a teacher for one of our educational programs $500 sponsors an actor for one of our productions.
- $500 sponsors an actor for one of our productions.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Crane River Theater is established around the belief that lifting up the arts will only help in creating a richer and more vibrant community. The arts improve our quality of life. They remind us how to dream. They allow us to escape. They encourage us to fantasize about a world we aspire to. Our journey with Crane River Theater has witnessed this first hand on many occasions. Whether it is the child on the playground that organizes rehearsals with her friends to recreate the joy she shared at one of our Yanney Park productions, or the high school student that has long been silent finding the strength to express himself for the first time in one of our workshops, or even the elderly woman that waits for an hour following each production to offer her gratitude to each and every performer for giving her the opportunity to reflect on her own life, the power of theater is limitless. Thornton Wilder once said “the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being is through the theater.” Please take a moment today to help us encourage the creativity of our youth, and remind us all why it is important to laugh, cry and reflect.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6851
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708Q
12 East 22nd Street
PO Box 2141
Kearney, NE 68847