Gifts to the University of Nebraska Foundation support students at UNK, UNL, UNO and UNMC.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- A gift of $10 per month designated to the UNK Big Blue Cupboard will help students who are suffering from food insecurity.
- A gift of $25 per month designated to the UNMC SHARING clinics will help students provide high-quality, low-cost health care and human services to those in need.
- A gift of $50 per month designated to scholarships would cover a 3 hour credit class for a student at UNO.
- A gift of $100 per month designated to study abroad programs will help a UNL student gain global experience.
- Any amount donated to Our Students Our Future will help provide scholarships to students across the NU System.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Alyssia Casillas was a 14-year-old with intelligence and drive. She had good people in her life, like her mom – a single mother who worked hard to raise her three kids. But Alyssia’s lack of confidence had led her to make bad choices. Friends were getting pregnant. She was hanging with a rough crowd. So when a big, handsome envelope with her name on it arrived at her Grand Island home, she was surprised. She was even more surprised when her mom read the letter inside and screamed.
“You got it! You got it!”
“I’m either in trouble or I did something really good,” Alyssia thought at the time. That was a decade ago. The letter inside announced that Alyssia had been selected for the Nebraska College Preparatory Academy, a program through the University of Nebraska-Lincoln that nurtures and mentors promising first-generation, low-income students like Alyssia through high school and college.
Alyssia graduated from UNL last year. She now is studying dental hygiene at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
“For me, the NCPA was huge,” she says. “It made that college experience that might have been extremely scary and hard so much more exciting and comfortable and enjoyable for me. “It helped me defy the odds.”
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6845
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708BK
1010 Lincoln Mall, Suite 300
Lincoln, NE 68508