The Nebraska Coalition enhances safety and justice by changing beliefs that perpetuate domestic and sexual violence. This includes trainings, resources, public policy and supporting local services.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $10 provides 8 booklets for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, with information about options, resources, and healing.
- $15 provides 50 brochures to survivors to help them plan for safety.
- $50 provides training packets to 25 participants at a workshop.
- $75 provides 1 copy of a healthy relationships and violence prevention curriculum to a local domestic violence/sexual assault program.
- $150 helps secure training space so that staff and volunteers of local crisis programs receive training.
- $300 operates one month of the statewide hotline for Spanish speaking victims of domestic and sexual violence.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
The Coalition envisions a world where domestic violence and sexual assault are a distant memory and healthy relationships prosper. To that end, the Coalition created a curriculum focused on healthy relationships and the prevention of violence, Reaching and Teaching Teens to End Violence. Created for use with young adults, this resource has been requested by organizations across the United States. While there is a cost to purchase the resource, the price only covers printing and mailing costs. Funds from donors provide for staff time to research, update, and distribute the curriculum. Recently a community educator shared her thoughts about using the curriculum with local youth. “As an educator in the classroom and in community-based settings, Reaching & Teaching Teens is a valuable resource. With interactive lessons, thorough information and great messaging, it is a must-have resource. The teachers I work with keep asking to borrow my copy! Sometimes I let them...”
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6050
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708AS
245 South 84th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, NE 68510