The Nebraska Coalition enhances safety and justice by changing beliefs that perpetuate domestic and sexual violence. This is accomplished through public policy efforts, trainings, and supporting member programs.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $10 provides educational materials for 8 survivors of domestic and sexual violence, sharing information about services, resources, and healing.
- $15 provides Safety Planning brochures for 50 survivors, helping them to prepare for a future without violence.
- $50 provides training packets to 25 advocates attending an educational session regarding how to provide empowering services for survivors.
- $75 provides a primary prevention curriculum to a member domestic violence/sexual assault program to promote healthy relationships in their community.
- $150 secures training space for advocates across Nebraska to learn about best practices in supporting survivors.
- $300 supports one month of operation for the statewide Spanish hotline, reaching victims of domestic and sexual violence who may otherwise go un-served.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
The Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence envisions a world where domestic violence and sexual assault are a distant memory and healthy relationships prosper. To this end, we are committed to social change work through innovative thinking. Our Catalyzing Change project has allowed us to work collaboratively with our member programs and allies to develop a shared vision of the world we are trying to create, and foster a sense of inter-connectedness. This focus has permitted us to provide the opportunity for advocates to embrace and learn about a larger movement, giving a purpose and meaning to work that may otherwise feel isolated. Advocates have been supported in building leadership skills, developing the future leaders for our state and ensuring growth of individuals as well as our social change momentum. Through this project we have centered the importance of self-care, to prevent loss of those who we have trained as leaders in our movement. We have also strengthened the ability of advocates to provide services and safety for survivors in Nebraska, while also addressing the root causes of violence in our communities.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6050
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708AV
245 South 84th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, NE 68510