The Lincoln Parks Foundation works to inspire and nurture a philanthropic legacy for parks and recreation in our community.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $50 purchases two rose bushes for the gardens.
- $100 funds drinks and snacks for volunteers at Wake up the Beds.
- $250 funds a week long camp for two Lincoln children.
- $500 purchases ornamental trees and exotic plants for the gardens.
- $1,000 helps contribute to funding a free family community event such as Party on the Plaza.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Here is just one brief example from a family with two young children. They requested funding for Parker Pals Scholarships for swim lessons for their children.
As a family with two working parents and our children in day care, we don't have much money left for 'extras'. We would like our children to learn how to swim, as it is such a valuable skill to have. Our day care is near a pool that offers lessons, so the kids can get there-we just can't afford the lessons. We would really appreciate a scholarship to help pay for our two children to receive lessons this summer."
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6240
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708AA
3131 O Street, Suite 301
Lincoln, NE 68510