As a statewide non-profit, Humanities Nebraska inspires and enriches personal and public life by delivering opportunities to engage thoughtfully with history and culture.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $10 purchases a book such as "The Upside Down Boy" (El nino de cabeza) for a family participating in bilingual Prime Time Family Reading Time.
- $25 provides a curriculum packet for a teacher participating in Capitol Forum on America’s Future.
- $50 provides a speaker for a school.
- $125 provides an honorarium for a scholar in the Speakers Bureau to give a program at a library or cultural center. $250 allows four high school students to participate in Capitol Forum on America’s Future at the State Capitol.
- $875 funds a storyteller for a six-week Prime Time session.
- $1,000 covers the cost of a workshop leader for Nebraska Warrior Writers, a writing workshop for veterans.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Jacob learned to look at global issues from all sides before forming his own opinion as a high school student participating in Capitol Forum on America's Future. He now has skills to be an informed voter throughout his lifetime.
Elizabeth discovered the joy of reading and universal humanities lessons of compassion and loyalty within books. Prime Time Family Reading Time gave her and her family the opportunity to read together in English and Spanish.
Sharon, a U.S. military veteran, found the creative outlet she needed in Nebraska Warrior Writers and became a published author.
Sam and Ella turned their challenges and frustrations as Muslim immigrants into a Speakers Bureau presentation that promotes understanding and tolerance.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6160
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska: 708W
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 330
Lincoln, NE 68508