Become a Member Agency
Community Services Fund promotes responsive philanthropy through workplace campaigns that offer a broad range of choices and enable individuals to donate directly to organizations working to improve the quality of life.
Membership in this corporation is open to local, regional or statewide nonprofit agencies or organizations serving the State of Nebraska or any city of area withing the State, whose purposes are to promote the overall quality of life in Nebraska. Membership is determined solely at the discretion of the Community Services Fund Member's Council. Community Services Fund operating expenses are funded through private donations and member agencies.
Interested Member Agencies must: be a 501c3 organization, be incorporated for a minimum of 3 years, complete either a full independent audit or an independent financial review annually, have an affirmative action or diversity statement and not be a member of an other local workplace giving federaton.
Click here to view the timeline for last year's 2013 New Member Agency applicaton process.
- Access new donors through workplace giving campaigns.
- Share information about your organization with new donors and supporters across Lincoln and the state of Nebraska.
- Add a new discretionary funding stream to your current fundraising efforts.
- Support the community and state by working with other outstanding non-profit organizations.
- Join a network of non-profit professionals dedicated to positive philanthropy and choice in workplace giving.
How to Apply
Agencies interested in membership must begin by submitting a Letter of Intent. Letters of Intent are due in December.
After review, agencies selected to apply will complete the full membership application. Applications will be due in January.
Click here to see a PDF sample of last year's membership application. To request a current application or inquire about membership, please contact Executive Director, Kiersten Hill at (402) 489-4332 or with our online contact form.
The application Will include:
- Agency description and program details
- Proof of 501c3 Status
- Articles of incorporation (Must be incorporated for a minimum of 3 years with an established record of community service)
- List of current board members and their professional affiliations
- Financial Reporting Documents, see details below.
- A diversity or affirmative action statement. (contact Community Services Fund for examples if needed)
- A list of current staff members and the positions they hold.
- Agency Code of Conduct
After a complete application is received, the Community Services Fund Membership Committee will hold a brief information session with selected agencies. The Board of Directors votes to accept or reject the agency as a member.
Member Agency Responsibilities:
- Active participation in at least one Committee.
- Responsibility to participate in or conduct an annual worksite campaigns.
- Active participation in meetings of the Members Council.
Active participation in gaining access to additional campaign worksites.
Fulfill additional membership requirements as may be identified by the Board of Directors or Members Council or which are specified in the current memorandum of agreement between the agency and the Board.
Support the mission of Community Services fund by giving a financial donation to Community Services fund, or to a Member Agency via a Community Services Fund workplace campaign.
- Display the Community Services Fund logo and/or name and acknowledge itself as a Member Agency on all appropriate Member Agency literature, advertising and press releases
- Pay annual dues and membership fees.
Financial Reporting documents
For agencies with annual operating budgets of $500,000 or more an independent audit will still be required annually.
For agencies with annual operating budgets, under $500,000, an annual independent review will be required. Additional supporting documentation including the 990, annual operating budgets and financial infrastructure checklist shall be submitted upon request.